Henna Hut offers our very own sulfate free shampoo
for you to use. We believe the less harmful chemicals you ingest in your body then the longer healthier life you will live.
What is sulfate? Well with a little research we found out the sulfate is a detergent that is inexpensive and used in your personal care product to create a foam or lather. The product is used in such small doses on a daily basis that the American Cancer Society does not view it as a carcinogen. Now with that said some people do have a reaction to the chemical. Some of those reactions include:
· Scalp irritations (dermatitis)
· Stripping color and shine from hair
· Drying out causing split ends
· Removing natural oils from skin
· Skin and eye irritations
The label on your current products may not be labeled under the name Sulfate, look for these variations on your label to see exactly how much of the chemical you are using daily.
· Sodium laureth sulfate (SLS)
· Sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES)
· Sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS or NaDS)
· Ammonium lauryl sulfate (ALS)
Why not use a sulfate free shampoo to start with and then you can find other products that are sulfate free too. Here is a list of everyday household products that use sulfate in them to create a foamy lather.
· Shaving cream
· Bubble baths
· Floor cleaners